This Site to a Friend
Features of the Month
Business Bureau (GBB) - The mission of the Green Business Bureau is to
foster environmental awareness among businesses and promote business practices
that are both environmentally responsible and commercially beneficial. We serve
as a national third-party program that provides certification for businesses that
follow environmentally responsible practices. The GBB offers businesses an easy
to use tool and clear roadmap to become eco-efficient, one step at a time. By
going green you not only save the environment, but also save on energy and material
costs. Enjoy the increased visibility and marketing advantage that come with being
part of our nationally recognized network of green friendly businesses. Not every
business can be perfectly green, but every business can start. Become
- Free Courses at the SDG Academy - Readers interested in learning about sustainable development may want to check out these free graduate-level MOOCs (Massive Online Open Courses) offered by SDG Academy, a program from the United Nations' Sustainable Development Solutions Network. These interactive online courses are designed to "cover the headline issues and a multitude of interdisciplinary topics related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, a set of aims and targets adopted by member states of the United Nations in 2015," with each course aligning with one or more of these goals. For example, the course entitled "Macroeconomics for a Sustainable Planet" adheres to Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth, while the introductory course "The Age of Sustainable Development" is relevant to all 17 goals. The instructors for SDG Academy's courses are experts drawn from universities, institutes, and organizations around the world, such as New York University, the University of Oxford, and the Stockholm Resilience Centre. Most of the courses are self-paced and can be completed anytime, while some are instructor-paced and have specific start and end dates. All of SDG Academy's courses can be accessed and completed for free via the edX platform, and learners also have the option to purchase certificates verifying course completion. Visit this site. (From the Scout Report, 2019)
- Energy-Efficient Electrical Equipment & Materials - Crescent Electric Supply Company has been supplying homeowners and contractors with electrical products for over 90 years and is one of the ten largest electrical distributors specializing in lighting, data communication, power distribution and safety products. At Crescent Electric, energy efficiency is a key consideration in every product we sell. With energy costs rising, energy efficiency is driving both building codes and product standards. Crescent Electric is committed to supplying the latest in energy-efficient equipment and materials, including products for lighting, heating and ventilation, motor controls, security, datacomm and much more. Shop 200,000 Products
- Looking for a Career in Conservation - Those interested in transitioning to a conservation career will want to check out this vocational hub. Dr. Nick Askew directs Conservation Careers, relying on 20 years of conservation sector experience to assist those new to the field. While personalized features of the site require a membership (and a monthly fee), readers can still enjoy many resources for free. Read more.
- Air Purifiers - Oransi was started in 2009 and our products focus on high quality, but also affordable air purifiers. We have progressed and now make the best air purifiers in the world. All of our new products are made in the US. As allergy and asthma sufferers ourselves, we have tried most of the air purifiers on the market and haven't found a competitor's product that has met our needs. With that as a background we build products that we need and want to use. We built the first high performance air purifiers made in USA with all of the key components from the US except for the motor (Germany). These products are being sold in the US but also exported to Asia given their air quality issues. Oransi Erik Ultra Plus Air Purifier
- Read the Environmental News - The Environmental News Network (ENN) is one of the oldest, and most unbiased sources of online environmental news on the web. Visit their site.
- Japan's Electric Companies - Japan's electrical companies combined are about as large as the Netherlands economically and are facing a period of restructuring, while at the same time they acquire companies abroad in an effort to globalize. The report reviews and analyses Japan's top 8 electrical companies, and Japan's top 7 electronic component makers, as well as several related companies, and an analysis of the industry sectors. Subscribe to receive regular updates. (corporate site license subscription, amount shown is for first and subsequent annual payments, starting with Version 15 of November 19, 2012. Buy "Japan's electric companies" (corporate site license subscription, amount shown is for first and subsequent annual payments, starting with Version 15 of November 19, 2012.
- Green Education
& Sustainability Courses & Certificates - Are you interested in
learning more about Eco Friendly Living & Going Solar? Maybe you are a professional
seeking sustainable development & new technology training. Our Green Ed Catalog
offers a wide variety of online programs that we continually add to. Both general,
informational courses and technical certificates are included in our online catalog.
Many of the programs listed are approved by governing bodies such as the U.S.
Green Building Council. The courses listed are geared for anytime, anywhere learning
and application. Visit the Delamere
Institute of Online Learning.
in Environmental & Wetlands Management - We provide discipline-focused
education and training in environmental and wetlands management. At home or in
the field, The Swamp School has a course designed expressly for you from the recognized
environmental scientist and instructor, Marc Seelinger. Online, classroom and
field course offerings are focused on your environmental needs.Visit The
Rocky Mountain Institute -
This non-profit organization fosters the efficient and retroactive use
of natural resources to create a more secure, prosperous and life-sustaining world.
They provide some excellent education material related to solar energy.
- Solar Panels & Solar Energy Products - Cps Solar is a leading UK Solar Panel and Solar Energy Product Supplier. Established for 12 years now we have what we believe to be the largest range of solar panels available in the UK and recently we have also started to specialise in an extensive range of solar ventilation equipment including solar fan kits and solar ventilators which we are finding to be increasingly popular. Read more.
- Green Peace
- Our firm is a member of this organization and recommend that you read the recent
report, "Cheap Solar Energy Is Possible, So Why Have We Not Got It?" Also
the report, "Solar Power and Commercial Buildings- Unlocking the Power of Our
Cities." To download the report, click
Building News - Buildings have a tremendous impact on the environment,
both during construction and during their operation. The term "green building"
is s loosely defined collection of land-use, building design, and construction
strategies that reduce these environmental impacts. The benefits of "building
Reducing energy consumption
of the ecosystem, and
health and safety.
you are concerned about the issue of the environment and the benefits of promoting
and using "green building" we encourage you to visit this website for the
latest information and updates on this subject. Click
- This Company has been the publishing leader for books on the politics and practice
of sustainable living for many years. They publish foundational books on gardening
and agriculture, renewable energy, green building, food & health, nature and
the environment, politics & social justice, ethical business practices, simple
living, as well as a science writers & science series. Chelsea